AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.1.1by Nate Oh on January 22, 2018 10:00 AM EST
Opening up the new year, this week AMD released the bugfix-heavy Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.1.1, succeeding the 18.1.1 alpha addressing crashing in certain DX9 games. The instability was introduced with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition itself, eventually prompting a DX9 hotfix in the form of early-access 18.1.1, released earlier this month. Otherwise, 18.1.1 brings resolutions to a number of bugs, including those related to video playback and Adrenalin features.
Moving on to the issues themselves, 18.1.1 resolves the following bugs:
- Crashes or instability in a small number of DirectX9 games
- Intermittent freezes or hangs during playback of protected video content
- Blank screen occurs during video playback using Movies & TV player.
- After the system resumes from sleep, a blank video shows during video playback in Edge
- Corruption in Starcraft 2 on multi GPU (mGPU) enabled system configurations.
- Menu item flickering in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on mGPU enabled system configurations
- CLINFO may report incorrect values in mGPU system configurations.
- Stuttering when using Radeon Overlay performance metrics on Radeon FreeSync enabled system configurations.
- Color corruption may intermittently be observed in Radeon Overlay with multiple gaming applications and performance metrics running.
- Enhanced Sync may not enable for Radeon Settings game profiles when using Vulkan API.
- Bezel compensation controls when creating display groups may be misaligned or have no functionality.
- Radeon WattMan fan slider may intermittently fail to change after loading profiles.
Touching back on CES 2018, AMD gave a couple updates related to graphics software, in addition to many of the previously covered announcements – Radeon Vega Mobile, Radeon Instinct Vega on 7nm, February 12 launch of Ryzen desktop APUs, and the updated graphics architecture roadmap. AMD announced that an upcoming Radeon Software update will bring HDMI 2.1 variable refresh rate support for Radeon RX products. Alongside this, Ubisoft also announced that Far Cry 5 will support FreeSync 2, as well as Vega-specific features such as Rapid Packed Math, much like Wolfenstein II.
Elsewhere, as shown in the current product page, the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition was silently restored from “Radeon Vega Frontier Edition for Blockchain Pioneers,” an equally silent name-change that occurred sometime before the holidays. In any case, the product page’s cryptomining remarks and benchmarks remain.
The updated drivers for AMD’s desktop, mobile, and integrated GPUs are available through the Radeon Settings tab or online at the AMD driver download page. More information on this update and further issues can be found in the Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.1.1 release notes.
Post Your CommentPlease log in or sign up to comment.
View All Comments
Liplet741 - Thursday, May 3, 2018 - linkhttp://instagram.com
faizd - Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - linkThis is really nice all are very good I have checked all.
haulu - Sunday, January 20, 2019 - linkYour work is amazing and unique in nature. You can do best more.
Sudhangsu - Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - linkEdelman, communicated help for Gordon over web based life following the suspension, and now it's clear that New England remains put resources into the wideout's prosperity. http://www.rivercove-residences-officialsite.com/a...
Sudhangsu - Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - linkFrom Gladys Knight's song of praise to who will score first to Maroon 5 to the Super Bowl MVP, get all that you have to make the correct picks for Sunday in our Ultimate Super Bowl Props control. http://www.draw-a-tree.com/super-bowl-tremendous-q...
mobdroptl - Sunday, April 12, 2020 - linkDX9 in the form of early access 18.1.1 has been long awaited.
jameswhatson - Wednesday, May 9, 2018 - linkThe instability was introduced with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition itself, eventually prompting a DX9 hotfix in the form of early-access 18.1.1, released earlier this month.
You can watch Mobdro TV streaming on the bigger screen of your PC windows with the help of Bluestacks App Player. Bluestacks is a free software to use any android application on windows PC for free.
alik40593 - Saturday, June 9, 2018 - linkvery nice post !
jamess0998 - Wednesday, May 6, 2020 - linkthanks for sharing
showboxone - Thursday, June 14, 2018 - linkNice article. Get showbox from https://show-box.one/ to stream unlimited movies and TV shows at anytime