HP Launches New Blog, Offers $500 Giveaway to AnandTech Readersby Anand Lal Shimpi on October 13, 2011 10:52 AM EST
- Posted in
- Site Updates
Update: Congratulations to AnandTech reader Tidicus for winning HP's $500 Sweepstakes. Your prize will be on its way to you shortly! Thanks to everyone who entered and don't worry, you won't have to wait long for the next giveaway...
The full sweepstakes entry details are below. Good luck!
The entry period has now passed, thanks for entering!
HP LES Input Output Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: HP LES Input Output Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Federated Media Publishing, Inc., Hewlett-Packard Company, Hosts, ePrize, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Federated Media Publishing, Inc., 72 Townsend Street, San Francisco, CA 94107. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on September 6, 2011 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), ends on September 23, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). The computer of each Hosting Website (defined below) is the official time-keeping device for the applicable Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit www.AnandTech.com or www.Wisebread.com (each a "Hosting Website"). Follow the instructions to post a comment to the designated article requesting readers' comments to gain entry into the applicable Sweepstakes. By submitting your post, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the applicable Sweepstakes. Posts may not be indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous or contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, or disparage Sponsor, Hosts (defined below), Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes, or contain material that is unlawful in any way. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any posts that it finds unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, all in its sole discretion. Limit: You may earn one (1) entry into each Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Drawings: The designated overseer of each of the Hosting Websites (“Hosts”), determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is each an independent judging entity whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the applicable Sweepstakes and the selection of each potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Each Host will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received at its Website, on or around September 27, 2011. The applicable Host will be contacting the potential winner by email in order to collect name and address for purposes of prize fulfillment. The potential winner will have three (3) days to respond to the Host's request, after which an alternate winner will be chosen. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to respond to a Host's request for information, potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Host in conjunction with the Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner for the applicable Sweepstakes by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after all winners are confirmed.
6. Prizes: TWO (2) GRAND PRIZES (AWARDED ONE (1) PER HOSTING WEBSITE): $500 Visa Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $500.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received at the applicable Hosting Website. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Hewlett-Packard Company, Hosts, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each entrant's consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, posted comments and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, , in any form worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/nGrQHa. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2011 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.
Post Your CommentPlease log in or sign up to comment.
View All Comments
punjabiplaya - Wednesday, September 7, 2011 - linkDefinitely looking into getting an SSD. I hope to increase boot times and spend less time waiting around waiting for the HDD. Hopefully, I can start selling SSDs to my customers and convincing them that the performance is worth the price premium.
ImSpartacus - Wednesday, September 7, 2011 - linkYeah, SSDs are going to be big in a few years. It's best to get comfortable with them early.
eezip - Wednesday, September 7, 2011 - linkI'm going for an SSD too. Hopefully it will make my PC feel a bit more spry so I can wait out the Bulldozer vs Ivy Bridge battle and build a new PC.
Since I just started doing video editing, I can certainly see the value of an SSD with the much faster data transfer rate. And, although I don't game too much anymore, short level load times will be nice. I know I'll be playing Diablo III when it comes out.
CKTurbo128 - Wednesday, September 7, 2011 - linkI agree. SSDs are getting more affordable (looking at Crucial M4s) and the performance improvement over traditional hard drives is quite significant.
locogmac - Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - linkYeah Still waiting for prices of SSDs to come down I'm a small business owner but still can't afford the SSDs. Would make patient time in chairs much less when pulling up xrays, but I need more storage for patient xrays and pictures and it just too expensive now.
Relayer71 - Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - linkPrices have come down the last year, I'm sure these will become more affordable and become mainstream or standard in the next year or so. Or at least I hope so!
Asteon - Thursday, October 13, 2011 - linki would like to get my hands on SSD w/ new BD chipsets. Try booting up a gentoo on it.
hansmuff - Wednesday, September 7, 2011 - linkI got an Intel 120GB SSD in April. I will say that never, ever will I go back to not having one. I don't care that they are somewhat pricey right now.
The improvement in response times of the machine are so drastic that for the first time ever, the machine always, ALWAYS, waits for me. Windows updates, virus scans and such happen without me even realizing it. Programs launch pretty much instantly and my machine can be used the second the desktop appears after a cold boot.
It's just a real joy and a HUGE improvement.
jeffapohl - Wednesday, September 7, 2011 - linkLikewise, I am interested in getting an SSD!
snickercole - Thursday, September 8, 2011 - linkDefinitely the next upgrade for me, unless my aging power supply dies!